AFTER A VERY SUCCESSFUL PILOT PROJECT LAST SUMMER TURTLE KEY ARTS ARE COLLABORATING WITH THE ROYAL COURT THEATRE AND THEIR YOUTH THEATRE MEMBERS TO RUN A NEW FULL LENGTH WRITING PROJECT (FREE OF CHARGE TO ALL PARTICIPANTS) AIMED AT YOUNG PEOPLE ON THE AUTISM SPECTRUM. IT WILL RUN ON MOST SATURDAYS BETWEEN MARCH AND JUNE (FULL DATES BELOW). THIS EXCITING PROJECT IS IN COLLABORATION WITH AUTISTICA, THE UK’S NATIONAL AUTISM RESEARCH CHARITY.
This will be an amazing opportunity for a group of young people aged 14 – 24 on the autism spectrum. During this project you will get the chance to:
- Work with a professional writer, director and theatre practitioners
- Develop your own writing skills in a supported environment and as part of a group
- Create a piece of writing that will be written up into a script for you
- See the results of your work performed in a rehearsed reading on stage at the Royal Court Theatre Downstairs by talented young actors, to an invited audience of friends and family
If you like writing and performing arts then this is THE project for you! How can you take advantage of this fantastic opportunity? Make sure you fit the following criteria:
- I am a young person between the ages of 14 – 24 on the autism spectrum
- I am interested in writing and the performing arts
- I am available for all of the dates below (you could miss one or two sessions at most)
- I can definitely attend the first session on Saturday 4th March and the Sharing performance on 10th June
FREE TO ALL PARTICIPANTS
The Royal Court Theatre plus rehearsal rooms close by.
11am – 1pm (except for the May half-term intensive and the final day when times may differ)
Saturday March 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th April 1st, 22nd, 29th May 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
Wednesday May 31st, Thursday June 1st, Friday June 2nd, Saturday June 3rd (please note the midweek dates are in the May half term school holiday)
Saturday June 10th – Final session and SHARING PERFORMANCE
Want to take part?
The deadline for applications was Friday 17th Feb