FIVE FREE THEATRE SCHOOL'S WORKSHOPS . AN INTRODUCTION TO THE WORLD OF THEATRE AND THE MANY JOBS WITHIN IT.
WHAT MAKES A SHOW?
- Introduction to the world of theatre and the many jobs within it
- Read new short play which has been specially commissioned for this project
- Explanation of what we’re working toward though a demo with our 1:25 scale theatre model
- How will we stage our play?
- Where is its set? What places do we travel to? How will we communicate this to an audience through our model theatre?
MAKING- PART 1
- Class splits into smaller groups to focus on different elements of the creation process from set design to sound effects!
MAKING- PART 2
- Final stages of making models and finalising our designs
- Bringing our elements together trying our ideas and preparing our demo model show
REHEARSALS & SHOW TIME
- Rehearsals of how our model box will work scene to scene
- Final sharing of our model box with a projector so everyone can see our set
- We’ll perform our show with a voice over of our play to bring our set to life on screen
FIVE THEATRE WORKSHOPS YOUR SCHOOL WILL BE LEFT WITH A LEGACY OF
- A beautiful 1:50 wooden scale model theatre- with different scene designs which will have been made by students during the workshops
- A printed copy of the short commissioned play text
- Information packs on the many roles and job within theatre. And pointer on how to pursue a career in the arts
- An informative jigsaw to teach about all the roles involved