THERE WILL BE A TURTLE SONG IN LIVERPOOL - FEB-APRIL 2022 - TO TAKE PART PLEASE FILL OUT THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM BELOW..
TURTLE SONG IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO COMPOSE AND SING YOUR OWN SONGS WITH A PROFESSIONAL COMPOSER, DIRECTOR & MUSICIANS. IT IS A PROJECT FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH MEMORY PROBLEMS AND ALL FORMS OF DEMENTIA AND FOR THEIR COMPANIONS (FAMILY/FRIENDS/CARERS).
Turtle Song was featured on the BBC’s “Holding Back the Years” - “Really inspirational” Bill Turnbull
TIME: 10:30am - 12:15pm
Fridays 11, 18, 25 February
Fridays 4, 11, 18, 25 March
Friday 1 April
Final sharing will take place on Monday 4 April 2022
VENUE: Gibberd Room, Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, Cathedral House, Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, Merseyside, L3 5TQ
- is FREE to all participants
- transport will be provided for those who need it
- is once a week for nine weeks
- is a chance to enjoy singing together
- is an opportunity to write a collection of different songs
- workshops will be led by composer Micky Bryan and directed by Pip Bryan, supported by music students from the University of Liverpool
- provides an opportunity to perform for friends & family in a sharing at the end of the project
- gives a recording of the final sharing to each participant on CD and DVD
- provides tea, coffee and biscuits
- is a time to have fun and be inspired
- does not require any previous experience or skill, and everyone is welcome, whatever your ability
“Turtle Song was a musical performance of pure wonder and fun, after weeks of collaboration, rehearsals, writing music, lyricising, tea drinking and luxury biscuit scoffing for people of varying ages all of whom suffer from dementia. It was beautiful, fun and enlivening. I was so touched by the effort and love that the organisers/founders of this event and the music students put into this performance.” DAUGHTER OF A PARTICIPANT
TRANSPORT for the project is provided for a limited number of participants and there will be a pastoral worker on hand to support participants in accessing the project.
INFORMATION about access, parking and location will be provided once a place on the project is confirmed.
COVID SAFETY is a priority and we will put in place all necessary protocols to ensure that our activities are carried out in a safe way.